Thursday, August 21, 2014

PDAY 3

Today is Pday number 3. And time is flying by like there is no tomorrow, and by that I mean it drags,,, and drags,,, and drags,,,, and then for a moment,, zips bye extremely fast. We are starting to quiz each other on what we had for dinner the day before, And we get it wrong. It is a very weird set of circumstances and not to sure how to explain it.

SPANISH! Spanish is coming alright and it is already moved into my vocab rather quickly, while at the same time it has replaced some things all together. I can no longer testify in English based on the fact that I was attempting to reverse translate a testimony in my head for my Zone President who does not speak Spanish. In Spanish when you testify, they taught us to use the word Creer, which translates to "To believe" and in Spanish the testimony makes sense, but the second I was trying to translate it back saying in English "I believe the church is true" is odd sounding, so I would constantly stop myself and have to substitute testify and other words in and out. It was miserable and I looked really really dumb..But i stumbled through it..

So when you are at the MTC this is what is supposed to happen, you show up day one and are introduced to your 2 teachers and then two weeks later introduced to a third teacher and then have those three teachers alternate respectively throughout the week. That is not the case for us though. After our teachers learned of our terribly poor Spanish and lack of some English skills they both magically happened to have a 10 day vacation on the same set of days...And the thing is they said we would have subs and we were alright with that, until the sub came in and told us that he/she would now be our new permanent teacher...But this hasn't just happened once...We have had a total of 10 teachers so far..Coincidence,,,, Or are we just to much to handle?? I think it is the later of the two. It has been rough not having a consistent teacher, Because one thing you will learn (whether you like it or not) every teacher wants their first lesson, to be the lesson that you wont forget and tell us/ask us why we are here on missions and what our duty is..We are slowly getting tired of having that lesson for the 10th time yesterday afternoon...We have had one too many 'life changing' lessons and I cant remember which one changed my life more... :)

Minus the ridiculous amount of teachers simply going on vacation and never seeing again the Spanish is coming on rather well. Also we are feeling rather confident in our teaching abilities, But we are all suppressing the fact that we know as soon as we hit Argentina we will be blown away by speed and also understanding of the words that will be spoken to us. I am slightly feeling the need to fake a nervous break down.  I heard through the grape vine that if you do, they give you the option to send you into the field as soon as possible.  That is one way to get out of the MTC, but I'm not that desperate yet.

Oh so we had the awesome opportunity to hear from the General Young Women's President

Bonnie L. Oscarson

 on last Tuesday, ( I think it was last Tuesday)and were also able to hear from Sister Jenny Oaks Baker, Elder Oaks Daughter, Both were amazing talks and both were interesting and also their high notes (literally). Sister Oscarson was able to talk to us about her family and the numerous amount of missions she and her family have served in the Netherlands and those respected countries. Then Sister Oaks Baker, who if you don't know is a world renowned violinist and has been performing since she was 8 and playing since she was 3, was able to play some amazingly conducted musical pieces for us along with her 4 kids and family friend. Both were wonderful talks.

There were ALMOST riots this morning...So close..like i could here the quiet whispers of uncertainty..It was crazy..But thank goodness the return of the strawberry and mixed berry cream cheese has returned for breakfast. We were honestly seconds away from doing something crazy like turning over a salt shaker or something, or maybe even a napkin holder, but that would only happen if we knew there was no hope. But we had faith and the past two breakfasts were miserable but the wait was well worth it..I take it the MTC staff heard our silent thoughts of rebellion and quickly restocked before it got out of hand. I'm not sure how they would handle the wrath of a two person riot.

Also to all those classy missionaries, don't wear a three piece suit..cause if you do another missionary, (me) who enjoys his Ráspbérry Lémóñádé, very fancy stuff here at the MTC, will, with the help of another Elder. Perfectly rehearse and execute a maneuver in where my Elder will, while taking his jacket off, Drop a solid elbow onto my tray..And my wonderful Raspberry Lemonade will just so happen to soak the back side of your jacket..And while I'm sitting there apologizing in Spanish, I will be manically laughing in English in my head..

(If I think of more to add i'll send it to you but other then that, that will be all :) unless you ask me some questions and such)